Pew Pew Laser Blog, http://www.pewpewlaser.com/ –https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2205812/
- Technical sandbox for exploring technical topics, developing new solutions.
- Features print style sheet, mobile designs, staging site for feature development, custom meta and title tags, content tagging, automatic archives, custom GA 404 page, spam-deterring anonymous contact form and authenticated-user comments.
CascadiaFest Curator, http://2016.cascadiafest.org/ –
- Recruited diverse CFP talk submissions and selected day's schedule of talks.
- Planned parties and attendee swag, while keeping costs under-budget.
- Selected and managed volunteer review committee members.
- Recruited sponsors and pitched conference at local technical meet-ups
- Organized speakers and managed day-of concerns.
GDI Instructor and Teaching Aide, https://www.girldevelopit.com/chapters/seattle –
Instructor and TA for evening introductory web development classes for adult students. Updated existing slides and developed new demonstrations. Answered student questions, demonstrated troubleshooting techniques, and advised on best practices.
Github, https://github.com/KatieK2 –
- The Mug of Sublime Text: A keyboard shortcut reference for Sublime Text, which is focused on shortcuts that are part of ST's default installation.
- dot files: All those configuration files to quickly spin up a new devlopement environment.
- Bookmarklets: Handy tools for front end web development.
- Sumobot, No Solder: Instructions for constructing a small robot, with gobs of pictures.
Brainful Productions –
- As Web Developer: researched and contracted for registration and hosting services, tested and identified best open-source content management solution to enable user content ownership, installed and configured CMS, selected and customized CMS template.
- As Production Manager during active projects: coordinated staff and resources; shopped for on-set supplies; custom catering; planned thank-you premiums; managed paperwork and accounting.
Andie Main –
- Researched jQuery image viewer options, selected and implemented complete solution.
- Installed and configured CMS, identified and customized design template for client use.
ReFIT, http://www.refitportland.org/ –
- Designed and developed accessible site to update branding, user experience and accessibility.
- Developed with standards-based best practices in X/HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Built secure mailing form utilizing input character stripping and non-intrusive form-spam deterrents; enhancing site security without sacrificing usability.
- Designed and coded donation landing page; enabling online revenue generation.
- Made site accessible to facilitate usability for ReFIT’s target users (elderly and disabled homeowners).
- Researched and advised on more reliable and economical registration and hosting solutions; oversaw migration from original site to new site.
Stack Overflow, Seattle Meetup
- Coordinated first annual Stack Overflow Meetup day for Seattle; coordinated and reserved appropriate venue, received swag from sponsors and distributed to meetup participants.
- Founded and administer Seattle Stack Overflow Meetup Group on LinkedIn.